Many virtual assistants struggle with attracting the right customers and how they can make money as a VA. Fortunately, there is an easy solution! Join a small business community. Joining a community can be an easy way for virtual assistants to connect, network, collaborate and learn how they too can become successful in the world of small businesses.
If you want to know how joining a small business community will benefit your VA career, keep reading! This article will discuss how joining a small-business community benefits VAs and how it could be what you need to take your business to the next level.
The Benefits of a Virtual Assistant Being Part of a Small Business Community
Joining a small business community is an excellent way for virtual assistants to network, collaborate and learn how they too can become successful in the world of small businesses.
There are many reasons why joining a community will benefit your VA career:
- You’ll be able to connect with other VAs who share similar interests – this means you won’t feel alone! Connecting with others allows you to create friendships that could last forever.
- Opportunities for exposure; it gets your name out there so more people know about what you do (and how well you do it). Exposure leads directly to referrals which then lead to more work! It works like clockwork when done right.
- Learning how to be more productive is another benefit of joining a community. You can learn how others work and manage their time which you could then apply to your own VA career for increased success!
Joining a small business community will help you in ways that go beyond providing services. It’s an excellent way to connect with like-minded people who want the same thing: SUCCESS!
How to Find the Right Community For You
There are many communities for VAs to join, and some may not be the right fit. Here’s how you can find one that is:
Make a list of your specific needs and wants, so you know exactly how to narrow down which community will work best for you. For example, if you want to learn how to use social media properly, choose a community that includes this focus.
- Does it have the tools needed? Some small business communities offer access to apps or software that could benefit how well you operate as an independent contractor virtual assistant. Check out whether there are tools you could use.
- How active is the community? Some communities are more inactive than others, so choose accordingly if this matters to you.
If networking in person is more your thing, then look at local meetups in cities near where you live.
Why Local Communities Are Also Important
Being involved in your local community is just as important as an online platform. Some cities hold meetups that are focused on how to run a small business. This is where you can get more of the local exposure you need! Joining a virtual assistant community has many benefits. Still, networking with others face-to-face is another way to create friendships. You can also meet clients that could turn into repeat business!
Connect With Fellow Virtual Assistants
Unless you’re working with a VA agency, you may not have much opportunity to connect with fellow VAs. By joining a small business community, you’ll be able to communicate with like-minded virtual assistants who share similar interests. This can be a big help in lessening feelings of loneliness.
In addition to gaining friends and allies in your industry, you also gain the opportunity to learn from them. Learn how they manage their work and how others have been successful doing what you do. This type of knowledge is hard to come by, so take advantage of it!
The Small Business Bootcamp for Virtual Assistants Everywhere
The Small Business Bootcamp is a community that allows virtual assistants to connect, collaborate and learn how they too can become successful in the world of small businesses. We offer many tools that can help virtual assistants to become more productive and improve how they operate. It is also an excellent place for any VA to connect with other VAs who share similar interests, gain exposure via referrals, and learn how others work, which you could then apply to your own career! So much to gain. Join The Small Business Bootcamp today and take your VA business to the next level!